Volunteer From Home!
Lend a helping hand right from the safety of your house
We are facing an unprecedented time amidst the nationwide lockdown. As volunteers, we are caught in a tough situation where we are needed more than ever, but can’t be there on the field. We are committed to help, but facing challenges to reach out and make an impact without being physically present. So, to keep the volunteering spirit undeterred in times of such adversities and uncertainties, VFC is introducing virtual volunteering opportunities.
Volunteer without ever leaving your living room:
VFC is looking for volunteers to help spread awareness on various issues and prepare to hit the ground running when the lockdown is over. Our awareness sessions encompass various topics such as managing your mental health during the COVID-19 crisis, knowing how to reach out to Government support systems during emergencies, keeping physical fitness, and many more. These sessions are conducted by professionals and all your doubts will be answered.
We are also looking for volunteers to help us keep a few of our causes active. What if we told you that you could sit at home and put a smile on underprivileged children by simply wishing them on their birthdays? Or that you could record lessons for visually impaired to help them take their exams after lockdown? Or that you could doodle in your free time to spread traffic awareness when Bengaluru roads are bustling with vehicles again? It is as exciting as it sounds!
We need your support:
Volunteers are VFC’s strength! They lead from the front and set the path for others to follow. And we are sure that the others will follow. This is because we believe and have seen that goodness and giving have a ripple effect like none other. In spirit of the life-saving social distancing measures implemented by the Government, we are currently not taking up any 'on-the-field / group activities' at the moment, including those directly related to Covid19. This is because of the specific nature of the disease which could potentially multiply with more physical presence of individuals/volunteers than required. We however are continuously analysing the situation and are looking for a window of opportunity which provides a safe space for our volunteers to contribute. We will keep you all posted as and when such a need arises to volunteer on field. Stand with us as we pass through these testing times and overcome all challenges. After all, this too shall pass, until then
#StayHome #StaySafe #VolunteerFromHome
It's not going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it!
Explore the opportunities to
Volunteer From Home:
- COVID Vaccination Drive is postponedAcross Bengaluru
- On goingOn goingFostering a cat is all about giving love, care, and attention to a homeless cat either for a predetermined time period or until it gets adopted. Fostering is a crucial part of the animal rescue world and in return, both you and your furry friend will get a rewarding experience.
- On goingOnlineOn goingOnline#YoungVolunteer program of VFC aims at nurturing the habit of giving back in the Children along with supporting young leaders to build new skills. We aim to instill a love of volunteering from an early age by providing a variety of volunteer opportunities for those ages 6 to 12 years.
- On goingOnlineOn goingOnlineWe are also calling for Volunteers who can assist the elders, as Technology can give senior citizens a greater sense of purpose and lead to a greatly improved quality of life. Technology will allow senior citizens to develop new and positive relationships with children and youth in the community.
- On goingAt your nearest Blood BankOn goingAt your nearest Blood BankA call for citizens to donate Blood at the nearest Blood Bank! This is NOT a Blood Donation Drive or Camp. We help you fix appointment and you can walk in to donate Blood at your convenience. All Government norms and precautions related to Covid19 is taken care.
- On goingOnline
- On goingOn goingThe post-process, after volunteers record the audiobook is proofreading, through which we ensure that the audiobooks recorded is of good quality and can effectively help students with Visual Impairment to prepare for exams. Volunteer to proofread audiobooks recorded for Visually Impaired Students.